Monday, March 21, 2011

Food Co-op's . . . Bountiful Baskets

So my first week using Bountiful Baskets in Grapevine, TX turned out perfectly!  Look at all these lovely fruits and veggies!  I first learned about Co-ops by reading a friends blog but unfortunately we have not been settled enough to enjoy one.  I was like a kid in a candy store when I got home, overly excited for what I got for $15 : )  My husband and I make Green Smoothies every morning so these mangoes and pears will be perfect in them. I will share our "recipe" in a later post, yes . . they are green but they are also delicious!  Even the girls drink them!  Anyhow, I digress.  Check this website out, see if there is a location near you (available in AZ,CO,ID,MT,NV,OR,TX,UT,WA & WY) and join in.  Generally they try to give you 6 fruits and 6 vegetables. http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see PA on there :( Anyway, it looks great! I am looking forward to the smoothie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tawnya - Check out Reeger's, I believe they do a Fruit and Veggie Co-op. Probably not $15 but I always loved their produce!

    ReplyDelete